Photo credit: Pixabay, pexels
Young Widows Support Group (ages 25-40)
Designed for widows, ages 25-40, who are struggling with the death of their husband, wife, or life partner, this support group will be comprised of 4-6 people who will be able to understand and relate to grief that is unique to a young widow.
Losing your spouse can often feel like you’ve lost a bit of your identity along with the plans the two of you had together. This group is an opportunity to continue working through the grief and healing from your loss outside of your more immediate social and familial circles; in a safe, supportive, and non-judgemental environment.
In this group, you will give and receive support from others through the sharing of your collective experiences. This is a great way to connect with others who understand how it feels to experience the grief of widowhood, with the goal of helping you learn new ways of coping with your grief as you learn how to heal from your loss.
- We will meet in-person in Midtown Manhattan.
- The group runs for 6 consecutive weeks in May-June and September-October.
- There will be a maximum of 6 participants, to allow enough time for everyone to share.
- In the first session we will review the group guidelines for the meetings and then each member will introduce themselves and share about the loss or losses they have experienced.
- The cost is $95 per week for a total of $570, the entire 6 weeks.
- If you would like to submit for insurance reimbursement a statement can be provided for you to submit to your insurance provider. Please plan on setting up an individual appointment with me prior to joining the group, for this purpose.
2020 Meeting Schedule
May - June
Tuesdays 5:30 – 7:00 pm, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 5/26, 6/2, 6/9
Sept. - Oct.
Tuesdays 5:30 – 7:00 pm, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20