Photo credit: Pixabay, gellert
Sibling Loss Support Group for Adults
Designed for those struggling with the death of a sibling, this support group will be comprised of 4-6 people and will explore the grief that is unique to losing a sibling.
The connection between siblings is one of the few types of relationships that generally start in childhood and that we expect to last well into old age. When a sibling dies it can lead to a deep and unfamiliar type of grief.
In this group, you will give and receive support from others through the sharing of your collective experiences. You will be able to connect with others who understand how it feels to experience the type of loss you share, with the goal of helping you learn new ways of coping with your grief as you heal from your loss.
This is an opportunity to continue working through the grief and healing from your loss outside of your more immediate social and familial circles; a safe, supportive, and non-judgemental environment for you to feel open to expressing any ongoing thoughts, feelings, and emotions that continue to keep you up at night or creep into your day-to-day.
This is for anyone seeking a nurturing environment to explore new ways to adjust to your grief, heal from your loss, and connect with others who ‘get it’.
- We will meet in-person in Midtown Manhattan.
- The group runs for 6 consecutive weeks in July-August and November-December.
- There will be a maximum of 6 participants, to allow enough time for everyone to share.
- At the first session we will review the group guidelines for the meetings and then each member will introduce themselves and share about the loss or losses they have experienced.
- The cost is $95 per week for a total of $570, the entire 6 weeks.
- If you would like to submit for insurance reimbursement a statement can be provided for you to submit to your insurance provider. Please plan on setting up an individual appointment with me prior to joining the group, for this purpose.
2020 Meeting Schedule
Tuesdays 5:30 – 7:00 pm, 7/21, 7/27, 8/4, 8/11, 8/18, 8/25
Tuesdays 5:30 – 7:00 pm, 11/10, 11/17, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15