Photo credit: Pixabay, stocksnap
Mourning Loss Support Group
Designed for those grieving the death of someone in your life—you don’t have to grieve alone. Come spend every other Tuesday morning in a supportive and nurturing space where you can connect with others who understand how it feels to experience grief.
This group is a place where you can talk about your loss in a safe and open environment as you learn new ways to cope with the stress of this loss. The group meets every two weeks and new members can join at any time.
You will be able to give and receive support from others through the sharing of your collective experiences. You will be able to connect with others who understand how it feels to experience the type of loss you share, with the goal of helping you learn new ways of coping with your grief as you heal from your loss.
This is an opportunity to continue working through the grief and healing from your loss outside of your more immediate social and familial circles; a safe, supportive, and non-judgemental environment for you to feel open to expressing any ongoing thoughts, feelings, and emotions that continue to keep you up at night or creep into your day-to-day.
This is for anyone seeking a nurturing environment to explore new ways to adjust to your grief, heal from your loss, and connect with others who ‘get it’.
- We will meet in-person in Midtown Manhattan, every two weeks.
- New members can join anytime.
- There will be a maximum of 6 participants, to allow enough time for everyone to share.
- At your first session, we will review the group guidelines for the meetings and then each member will introduce themselves and share about the loss or losses they have experienced.
- The cost is $95 per session.
- If you would like to submit for insurance reimbursement a statement can be provided for you to submit to your insurance provider. Please plan on setting up an individual appointment with me prior to joining the group, for this purpose.
2020 Meeting Schedule
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 4/7, 4/21
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 5/5, 5/19
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 6/9, 6/23
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 7/14, 7/28
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 9/8, 9/22
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 10/6, 10/20
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 11/3, 11/17
Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 12/1, 12/15