Photo credit: Pixabay
Let's Talk Loss: Bi-Weekly Noon-Time Series
In light of the current social distancing mandate, many may be experiencing grief as a result of isolation and loneliness. If you’re grieving at this time it’s important to stay connected and to think about ways to stay in touch with the outside world as we adjust to COVID-19.
While some of us may need to be in literal physical isolation or social distancing, we can still support one another through online group meetings.
Whether you’re navigating the sudden financial, economical, or emotional changes resulting from the current virus, and/or other losses like the end of a relationship, losing a pet, a place, or an era; questions about grief, or wanting to gain a deeper understanding about grief, , ‘Let’s Talk Loss’ is designed to support you at this time.
You don’t have to grieve alone. This lunchtime series provides a nurturing space where you can talk about your loss with others in a safe and open environment. The group meets every two weeks and new members can join at any time.
This is an opportunity to continue working through the grief and healing from your losses outside of your more immediate social and familial circles; a safe, supportive, and non-judgemental environment for you to feel open to expressing any ongoing thoughts, feelings, and emotions that continue to keep you up at night or creep into your day-to-day.
NOTE: In-person groups will resume once social distancing measures are no longer mandated. For now this group will be conducted through a private video group chat platform.
- In light of current circumstances regarding COVID-19 please note that this group will be conducted remotely/online through May 2020. In-person groups will resume once social distancing measures are no longer mandated.
- New members can join anytime.
- There will be a maximum of 6 participants, to allow enough time for everyone to share.
- At your first session, we will review the group guidelines for the meetings and then each member will introduce themselves and share about the loss or losses they have experienced.
- The cost is $95 per session.
- If you would like to submit for insurance reimbursement a statement can be provided for you to submit to your insurance provider. Please plan on setting up an individual appointment with me prior to joining the group, for this purpose.
2020 Meeting Schedule
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm , 4/3, 4/17
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, 5/15, 5/29
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, 6/5, 6/19
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, 7/10, 7/24
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, 9/4, 9/18
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, 10/9, 10/23
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, 11/6, 11/20
Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm, 12/4, 12/18