Photo credit: Pixabay, rudamese
Grief Support Group for Adults
This group is designed to support those struggling with the death of someone they loved and cared for. It will be made up of people who will be able to understand and relate to the type of loss and grief you’re experiencing.
This is an opportunity to continue working through the grief and healing from your loss outside of your more immediate social and familial circles; a safe, supportive, and non-judgemental environment for you to feel open to expressing any ongoing thoughts, feelings, and emotions that continue to keep you up at night or creep into your day-to-day.
The group will consist of people who will be able to understand and relate to your loss and grief. This is for anyone seeking a nurturing environment to explore new ways to adjust to your grief, heal from your loss, and connect with others who ‘get it’.
Here’s what to expect:
- In light of current circumstances regarding COVID-19 please note that this group will be conducted remotely/online through May 2020. In-person groups will resume once social distancing measures are no longer mandated.
- The group runs for 4 consecutive weeks on a monthly basis. New members can join the first Thursday monthly meeting of the group.
- There will be a maximum of 6 participants, to allow enough time for everyone to share.
- In the first session, we will review the group guidelines for the meetings and then each member will introduce themselves and share about the loss or losses they have experienced.
- The cost is $95 per week for a total of $380, the entire 4 weeks.
- If you would like to submit for insurance reimbursement a statement can be provided for you to submit to your insurance provider. Please plan on setting up an individual appointment with me prior to joining the group, for this purpose.
2020 Meeting Schedule
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm, 4/2, 4/9, 4/16, 4/23
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21,5/28
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm, 6/4, 6/11, 6/18, 6/25
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm, 7/9, 7/16. 7/23, 6/30
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm, 9/3, 9/10, 9/17. 9/24
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22
Nov. - Dec.
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3. 12/10